Please take a look at our current inventory to see what we have and whether they are things that you might like to borrow.
We will be increasing our inventory steadily over time, based on your requests and donations of unused (but good condition) items.
How membership works
- Pay one fee (just $5 a month!) and borrow as many items as you like over the course of the year
- Members pay an annual Membership Fee:
- $60 - Standard Membership
- $120 - Sustainer Membership
- $45 - Low-Income Membership
- Only members may borrow things from the Thing Library. There is no additional fee to borrow things.
- Members may borrow up to 4 things at a time (8 things for Sustainers), for 7 days
- If nobody else has reserved your thing, you can renew it online for another 7 days.
- If you’re done with your thing, please return it sooner than 7 days, so that somebody else can borrow it
- We charge late fees of $1 per item per day.
How to get started borrowing items
The Thing Library uses a library management system called MyTurn to sign up members and manage the borrowing of things. To become a member of the Thing Library and start borrowing things, follow these instructions:
- First, go to the Thing Library MyTurn site to set up your account.
- Click on Create Account and follow the prompts to set up your account. Once you have entered all your account information read and accept the borrower's policy and then submit.
- Read and sign the liability waiver
- Choose your membership type.
- You can now search inventory or click on “inventory” to see what is available to check out. Please “Reserve your item” by selecting a day that works best for you. Make sure you come on the day you selected as we can only hold your item for 7 days.
Picking up your things
The Thing Library is located at 206 Piccadilly St, London, ON, N6A 1S1, the home of Reimagine Co’s package-free, plant-based grocery store, which is now open for online shopping but closed for in-store shopping.
Let a staff member know you’re there for the Thing Library, and they will get your item(s) for you.
The Thing Library’s current opening hours are 10 am to 6 pm, Tuesday through Friday, and 10 am to 4 pm on Saturday.
We may extend these hours, once we have welcomed more
When you are finished with your things
- Please make sure you clean your item and bring it back during opening hours.
- You can renew your things for free using the MyTurn website as long as no other member has reserved it. If you return your item late, we charge a $1 per day late fee.